Single Stream Recycling
Lewiston has Single Stream Recycling! Materials Can Be Recycled with No Need to Pre-Sort!
Recycling Helpful Hint! - Please put trash and recyclable containers on different sides of driveway. Along with a visible "RECYCLING" sticker on one of the containers, this simple step will help guide contracted trash and recyclable collection as to residents' intentions.
For recycling, a standard container (36 gallons) with a lid is recommended. Recycling stickers are available for placement on the outside of your recycling container. View our Accepted Materials for Recycling List and our Items Not Accepted as Recyclable List to learn about what items we can and cannot accept.
For Further Information
Pamphlets, recycle stickers for your recycle container, and other information on the Single Stream Recycling Program are available through many community groups and non-profit organizations, as well as at the following locations:
- Lewiston City Hall, 27 Pine Street
- Lewiston Public Library, 200 Lisbon Street
- Lewiston Public Works, 103 Adams Avenue
- Lewiston Solid Waste Facility, 424 River Road
Every ton we recycle saves the city $42.50 (or $34,000 per year) at the city’s current recycling rate, providing tax relief for us all. If you have any questions or comments regarding Single Stream Recycling, please contact Rob Stalford at 207-513-3147 or 207-576-9274. Thank you for your time and attention to this important recycling effort.
- Casella's Zero-Sort Recycling Explained (video)
- Casella's Zero-Sort Recycling Made Easy (video)
- Casella's Zero-Sort Recycling Website
- Image of the Recycling Container Sticker